Saturday, January 21, 2012

End to an hectic week

It's Saturday morning. My man left for Quebec City, where he is taking courses towards a masters' degree early in the morning, so I am by myself for the day.

I woke up, made myself  a big café au lait in my beloved "Gyöngyi Mug", a present I received from  good friends a few years ago, when they lived in Budapest (Gyöngyi is how I'm being called when I travel to Transylvania). I then sat in front of the computer, checked my Facebook, my emails, the blogs I follow, and Pinterest, before starting to knit a little while discovering Red Russian's music. I really like this song. 



On my needles, my man's R2DTuque (tuque is a wool hat in French). I must admit, I was not convinced when he picked that pattern. I'm still not convinced I want to walk around with a grown man wearing this, but I really enjoy knitting it!



It's the first time I  knit following a chart, and it's fun! And easy! (well, assuming I'm doing it right - my mum told me to make sure I carry my yarn, so I figured out a way to do it, but didn't check in the knitting theory to see if it was the right way, as I started knitting in the car on my way back to Montreal last week). These charts open a whole new world of possibilities for me...I'm having so many ideas of what I could do with them..

Other knitting news of the week:
I blocked my wrap at the beginning of the week, and wore it to work on Thursday. I really like it, it is warm, and the final result is pretty much what I had envisioned.

Very bad hair day, sorry!

I also finished another set of cute Mary Jane booties for the new born daughter of one of my man's colleagues. It knitted the 3-6 months, and I find it a little less cute than the newborn size, but at least this time I had time to sew the buttons before giving them away!

I started this post by saying it was the end of a very hectic week. I don't want to say why it was so hectic, because as usual, I'm superstitious and I am worried that I'll jinx this thing if I mention it happens, but I just wanted to end this post by saying that yesterday, the 60 minutes between 2 and 3 were probably the luckiest of my whole life, just because of the number of good news I received within that hour:
  1. I received a call from a place where I had applied to my dream job over 2 years ago. The position had been cancelled before they had picked anyone, but they are reopening it now, and asked me if I wanted it. The job is in Ottawa, so I'm not going to take it, but I have to say that it was a solid boost to my ego to receive this call and have a long discussion with the director. 
  2. While I was on the phone with this guy, I got another call with wonderful news about that other thing I don't want to jinx. Hurrah! 
  3. When I hung up, I checked my emails, and I had received my grade for the advanced English grammar course I took in the fall. 91%, despite not doing the exercices, and passing each of the tests on less than 20 minutes.
  4. A few minutes later, I received a call from the organisation our cleaning lady comes from, telling me that she had been fired, and that they would send me someone new next week. The reason why this is a good news is that we hired that cleaning lady a few months ago through a rehabilitation centre which offers training and work experience to people who can't find jobs. She was awful, and I always had to repeat everything to her, and make sure she had done what was asked, and ask her to talk a little less. I didn't dare complaining about her, because she had a baby, and I felt she really needed a job, and I kept telling myself that at least she was doing things I would not have to do later, so it was better than nothing. But that she was fired without me having to complain was a really good news for me! 
We bought some lottery tickets last night, we felt lucky. The draw if tonight, so we don't have the results yet, but I won 2$ with a scratch ticket I bought!

Have a great weekend!


2 comments:

  1. Everything is fantastic! I love the touque and can hardly wait to see it finished and your man wearing it! Love your mug! :O) and I just love love love your sweater! Those little booties are just so cute!

    Glad things are going so well for you and happy for all the good news you recieved!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!
      I love that mug, it has survived several moves already!

      Delete