Friday, March 2, 2012

Quick Friday update

I didn't finish anything this week, but I got my 2 main projects a little bit further.

First, the seamless baby sweater has entered its sleeves phase. Not as easy, not as quick as the rest, but I'm learning/practising how to knit with double pointed needles.


I can't remember if I mentioned it in my last post, but I had quite a surprise, after becoming such a fan of the way the pattern was written, to discover that there is no instruction for the end of the piece. It doesn't say how long it should be. I figured it out by myself by counting the ridges required to get to the last button, which has to be in the last 5 rows of garter stitch. I must say that figuring out this on my own made me feel very knowledgeable! But the main problem is that there is no instructions for the sleeves length either. It says to knit up to where we want them to finish. That might be enough instructions if you are knitting for a baby that is already born, and who you have access too, but the recipient of this piece is still in her mum's womb, 3725 km away from here. So, no, I'm not impressed. I just can't believe the difference in details between the beginning of the pattern and its end. Anyway, I ended up finding a good web site that helped me figuring out what to do.

The other rather urgent project I worked on this week is weaving. I was able to weave a quite a bit, and I'm hoping to have enough time today and tomorrow to finish my 2nd piece.

That will mean that I'll have 463 inches left to weave before the move in 84 days. Oh my, that means I need to weave more than 5 inches a day. OK, got to get back to the loom! (who knew craft would transform me in such a mathematician?).

Have a great weekend!




No comments:

Post a Comment